Hempstead Town Receiver of Taxes Don Clavin has announced that he will host a series of Property Taxpayer Checkup Forums at local libraries. Clavin will discuss important issues such as assessment challenges, tax exemptions, tax discounts, property tax payment dates and convenient tax payment options.
“Residents will be able to address any concerns that they may have and obtain valuable information about challenging the assessed value of their property at my upcoming property tax forums,” said Clavin. “It is important that residents get a “taxpayer checkup” as we approach the annual filing period for property tax exemptions.”
Property Taxpayer Checkup Forums are scheduled as follows:
- September 17, 7 PM, Island Park Library, 176 Long Beach Rd., Island Park
- September 19, 2 PM, Baldwin Library, 2385 Grand Avenue, Baldwin
- September 24, 7 PM, Valley Stream Village Hall, 123 S. Central Ave., Valley Stream
- September 26, 7 PM, Lynbrook Library, 56 Eldert St., Lynbrook
- September 30, 7 PM, Oceanside Library, 30 Davison Ave., Oceanside
- October 1, 2 PM, Merrick Library, 2279 Merrick Ave., Merrick
- October 2, 7 PM, Elmont Library, 700 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont
- October 3, 7 PM, Bellmore Library, 2288 Bedford Ave., Bellmore
- October 8, 2 PM & 7 PM, Levittown Library, 1 Bluegrass Ln., Levittown
- October 11, 2 PM, Oceanside Library, 30 Davison Ave., Oceanside
- October 16, 7 PM, Wantagh Library, 3285 Park Ave., Wantagh
- October 22, 7 PM, Merrick Library, 2279 Merrick Ave., Merrick
- October 23, 7 PM, Baldwin Library, 2385 Grand Ave., Baldwin
- October 29, 1 PM, Hewlett Woodmere Library, 1125 Broadway, Hewlett
- November 13, 1 PM, Elmont Library, 700 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont
- November 14, 2 PM & 7 PM, West Hempstead Library, 500 Hempstead Ave., West Hempstead
- December 9, 7 PM, East Meadow Library, 1866 Front Street, East Meadow
“I welcome residents to join me at a forum this fall and take advantage of this opportunity to learn how to reduce their property tax burden. Supervisor Kate Murray and I are committed to providing our taxpayers with up-to-date information so that they do not have to pay one penny more than their fair share of taxes”, said Clavin.
Property Taxpayer Checkup Forums are free, and all are welcome to attend. For further information, please call the Office of the Receiver of Taxes at (516) 538-1500.